Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Darby Woman to run first-ever 1/2 Marathon at the Missoula Marathon after donating kidney to husband

I have just entered the Missoula Half Marathon 2011, which will be my first ever! I also just gave my husband, Jared, a kidney on March 29th, 2011! We are still in Seattle, but will soon be home! We live in Darby [which is about 60 miles south of Missoula]. My husband grew up near Darby, I grew up near Bozeman. We've been here [in Seattle] for over a month now. They said Jared would be in the hospital a week, possibly more. But they let him out in 5 days-that's including surgery day! We are both doing very well. Even our doctors are impressed!

We've been spending our time between Jared's appointments going to the zoo, aquarium, locks, fish ladder, waterfront, science center, etc. And we've been getting on the bike and treadmill in the hotel's gym.

We are looking forward to going home on Saturday.

We've been married for over 11 years and have two children. Caitlyn is 8 and Denali is 5. They are both entered in the Kids Marathon!!

This has been such an amazing experience! God is good!

I am so excited to run my first half marathon [in Missoula]!

Serica Lucas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! Awesome Job!!!